Friday, January 11, 2008

Billy Bob

Billy Bob. Photo by Maureen SpencerOur farm is full of animals: two horses, five sheep, a couple of cats, and two rabbits. And not just our animals, nooo..., we seem to be a repository. This Christmas I found myself taking care of three extra dogs ... we’ve come to be known as the doggy spa – they love the walks on the farm. We also have a pet cemetery - dogs, cats, rabbits – our friends and family come to us and say “can we bury Spot on your farm?” How could we say no.

Lots of animals, living and dead, but to me there is no more curious character than the bunny Billy Bob. He is an indoor rabbit; a little velveteen bunny that my wife dearly loves ... but I call him “the little monster.” She takes him out of his cage in the morning and the evening and lets him hop around the house. He is - in part - very good, never leaving droppings or making a mess anywhere. Typically, he hops around; bothers the cats, sometimes does sideways jumps and flips when he feels good. But he is a monster ... he likes to bite things, like ankles, rugs (which he digs on first) electrical wires, and baseboards. I guess I should count myself lucky – considering how enthusiastic my wife is about animals - that he is not a miniature pony or a pot-bellied pig!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home