Sunday, August 27, 2006

Moses (Hailstorm Socks)

Moses. Photo by Bruce SpencerMoses is one of our two horses. He was once a champion hunter- jumper, competing in stadium and cross-country events. After that career he became a school-horse, carrying hundreds of young people on his back and, in his own special way, teaching them what horses like and don’t like, and how to ride with grace and skill. He is retired now and at plus 29 years, his overwhelming focus is food. He loves to eat apples, grain, alfalfa cubes, carrots, grass, all in large quantities. This is the way Moses usually waits for his morning meal - head in the barn door, mooching.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hanna said...

This is my old horse, I was just sitting here wondering about him and if he is still alive and I googled "moses, horse, and Louisville" and here he came up. He was my very first horse as a kid and we had many good years together. I knew that Tracy had him and used him as a school horse for awhile but I had lost track of him after that. Can you tell me anything about him, if he is still alive and if so there might be any way I could visit him sometime? I am so happy that he lives (or lived) on a farm and seems like he has a good life for an old guy. My name is Holly Davis and my email is hollyd777@gmail.com. Thanks and God bless you for taking such good care of Moses!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home